- Sting's cameo in Radio On - filmed in CHippenham, where Eddie Cochran died - must have been in the first days of January (Old Grey Whistle Test interview in October 1979) as the rest of the month was blocked by Schoener events
- on February 10, 1979 Wayne County & The Electric Chairs appeared on the the German TV show Rockpop - but this was certainly not the day the show was recorded...
- Sting and Frances Tomelty do handclaps for XTC - according to Dave Gregory PROBABLY in July 1979 at Wessex Studios (maybe at Utopia) - XTC started their Australian tour on July 20, so they had to fly there on the 19th or earlier - which leaves less than three weeks for this.
- Andy Summers went to a pre-Christmas party for "Blondie" at London's Notre Dame Hall - among the other guests were Dave Vanian, Siouxsie Sioux, Steve Jones, Paul Cook, Lemmy... - among the three bands performing that day were "The Beat". (Record Mirror, Jan. 5, 1980)
- Smash Hits - Feb 7 1980 - David Hepworth visits Sting at his West London basement (photos probably there by Jill Furmanovsky with "dragon" coat) "the band have just finished ... British tour" --- Sting's got an hour before he's due at the local police station to reclaim his stolen car. David Hepworth called Stewart the day after.
Pages in category "1979"
The following 200 pages are in the current category.(previous 200) (next 200)
(previous 200) (next 200)