| This day in Police history: May 23
- On 1975-05-23, Andy Summers performed with Kevin Coyne at the Pier Pavilion in Hastings, England, UK.
- On 1976-05-23, Andy Summers performed with Kevin Coyne at Stadttheater in Münster, Germany - and / or at the Schützenhalle in Menden, Germany.
- On 1977-05-23, Stewart Copeland visited Sting and sent his TAMA drums on their way to Paris with Dave.
- On 1978-05-23, The Police performed at the Stadthalle in Offenbach, Germany.
- On 1979-05-23, The Police performed at the Palms in Milwaukee, WI, USA.
- On 1980-05-23, Stewart Copeland did Klark Kent stuff in London, England, UK - while Andy Summers was in Ireland.
- On 1981-05-23, Stewart Copeland watched a Squeeze / Sonja Kristina concert in Guildford, England, UK.
- On 1983-05-23, Sting was in Mexico City for the filming of Dune. Today he had a wardrobe fitting at 10:00am at Churubusco Studios.
- On 1985-05-23, Sting rehearsed with his band in Paris, France.
- On 1986-05-23, Sting appeared on the Wogan TV show in London, England, UK.
- On 1987-05-23, Sting recorded ...Nothing Like The Sun at AIR Studios on Montserrat.
- On 1988-05-23, Sting performed at Les Arènes de Fréjus in Fréjus, France.
- On 1990-05-23, Sting was recording The Soul Cages at Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris, France.
- On 1991-05-23, Sting performed at the Arena Civica in Milan, Italy - while Andy Summers continued recording World Gone Strange at Centerfield Studios in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1993-05-23, Sting performed at the Festival de Acapulco in Acapulco, Mexico.
- On 1996-05-23, Sting performed at Kisstadion in Budapest, Hungary.
- On 2000-05-23, Sting performed at Auditorio Euskalduna in Bilbao, Spain.
- On 2001-05-23, Sting performed at the First Union Center in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- On 2002-05-23, Sting received the "International Achievement Award" at the 47th Ivor Novello Awards at Grosvenor House in London, England, UK. In the evening he watched Madonna perform at the opening night of "Up For Grabs" at Wyndham's Theatre.
- On 2003-05-23, Sting and Trudie Styler attended the screening of Mystic River at the 56th Cannes film festival in Cannes, France.
- On 2004-05-23, Sting performed at the Hallenstadion in Zurich, Switzerland.
- On 2006-05-23, Ian Copeland passed away. Stewart Copeland cancelled an appearance at Seattle's film festival later this week. Sting and Trudie Styler attended a celebrity football match at the 59th Cannes film festival in Cannes, France.
- On 2007-05-23, The Police did an open air rehearsal at the North Van Dry Dock in Vancouver. Later that day Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland attended a Björk concert at Deer Lake Park.
- On 2008-05-23, The Police performed at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- On 2010-05-23, Stewart Copeland attended a classical concert in Dallas, TX, USA - while Henry Padovani attended a concert in Paris, France.
- On 2012-05-23, Sting presented wines from Il Palagio at the Hotel Julien in Antwerp, Belgium.
- On 2013-05-23, Sting and Trudie Styler attended the Frederic E. Church Award Gala at the New York Public Library in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2014-05-23, Stewart Copeland attended a rehearsal and concert in Liverpool, England, UK - while Henry Padovani travelled to Sarlat, France.
- On 2017-05-23, Sting was supposed to perform at the Acrópolis Puebla in Puebla, Mexico - this concert was cancelled.
Recent days: May 22 – May 21 – May 20
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 8209
files, made 100,173
edits, have created 19,042
good articles and created 29,600