| This day in Police history: July 20
- On 1964-07-20, Andy Summers performed with Zoot Money's Big Roll Band at the Flamingo Club in London, England, UK.
- On 1976-07-20, Sting was playing standards as part of the Ronnie Pearson Trio to entertain an elderly audience on a cruise aboard the SS Oriana.
- On 1977-07-20, Sting signed on the dole at Lisson Grove in London, England, UK.
- On 1978-07-20, Klark Kent photos and the cover photo for the Can't Stand Losing You 7" single were taken in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-07-20, The Police recorded at Surrey Sound Studios in Leatherhead, England, UK.
- On 1980-07-20, The Police recorded Zenyatta Mondatta at Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum, The Netherlands.
- On 1981-07-20, The Police recorded Ghost In The Machine at AIR Studios on Montserrat.
- On 1982-07-20, the Virgin Trials continued in London, England, UK - while Stewart Copeland flew to Tulsa, OK, USA.
- On 1983-07-20, The Police shot their video for Synchronicity II at Shepperton Studios.
- On 1984-07-20, Andy Summers was interviewed for Westwood One radio - probably in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1989-07-20, Andy Summers performed at the VENUE in Viareggio, Italy.
- On 1993-07-20, Sting performed at the Forum di Assago in Milan, Italy.
- On 1996-07-20, Sting performed at Darien Lake Six Flags Performing Arts Center in Darien Center, NY, USA - while Andy Summers performed at the Alexandra Palace in London, England, UK.
- On 2000-07-20, Sting was scheduled to spend a day off in Chicago, IL, USA.
- On 2002-07-20, Stewart Copeland performed at the Dome in Brighton, England, UK.
- On 2004-07-20, Sting performed at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- On 2005-07-20, Stewart Copeland performed at the Foro Boario in Noci (Bari), Italy.
- On 2006-07-20, Stewart Copeland rehearsed with Gizmo in Longiano, Italy.
- On 2007-07-20, The Police performed at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, PA, USA.
- On 2008-07-20, The Police were in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2009-07-20, Stewart Copeland and Jeff Seitz worked on Ben Hur Live music at Skyline Tonfabrik in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- On 2010-07-20, Sting performed at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, OH, USA.
- On 2012-07-20, Stewart Copeland and Stanley Clarke performed at Ronnie Scott's in London, England, UK.
- On 2013-07-20, Andy Summers and Rob Giles appeared on KCSN 88.5 in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2014-07-20, Henry Padovani travelled to Italy - where he stayed for 10 days.
- On 2015-07-20, Sting performed at Les Arènes de Nîmes (Festival de Nîmes) in Nîmes, France.
- On 2016-07-20, Sting was probably in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2017-07-20, Sting performed at the Pinède Gould (Jazz á Juan Festival) in Juan-les-Pins, France.
Recent days: July 19 – July 18 – July 17
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 10477
files, made 116,800
edits, have created 21,177
good articles and created 34,103