|Birth name:||Lawrence Impey|
|Birth date:||23 October 1951|
|Occupation(s):||IT Manager; Photographer|
Lawrence Impey attended Millfield School, Somerset, England. He met Stewart Copeland in Miss Kenyon's English class and introduced him to the music of Jimi Hendrix. Later he photographed Stewart and The Police for the cover of their first single "Fall Out". Five of his photographs appear on the back cover of "Outlandos d'Amour"
Lawrence was born in Bournemouth, England but his family emigrated to Nigeria when he was five. From the age of eight he attended various English boarding schools, the last of which was Millfield where he met Stewart Copeland. From 1971-1974 Lawrence studied photography at Bournemouth College of Art and Technology. From 1984 to the present day Lawrence has worked in information technology. He recently photographed Jools Holland for his albums "Best of Friends" and "The Informer".
- 1977-01-23 (The Police - Fall Out cover at Stewart's flat)
- 1977-08-11 (The Police - first photo session with the new trio formation including Andy Summers - at Sting's flat)
- 1977-08-14 (Stewart Copeland in Bournemouth)
- 1977-09-25 (The Police at Sting's flat - incl. Klark Kent cover photo)
- 1978-03-12 (The Police at the Locarno in Bristol)
- several photo sessions with Stewart Copeland
- 2007-10-20 (The Police at Wembley Arena)