Retail Therapy, "La Jolla"
|Retail Therapy, "La Jolla"|
|Composed by:||Stewart Copeland|
|Premiere venue:||MCASD Sherwood Auditorium|
|Premiere location:||La Jolla, CA, USA|
Composed while traveling with The Police during the 2007-2008 Reunion Tour, the piece was described by Stewart as "written in hotel rooms as an escape from the Rock Monster that ate 2008. I was on tour with my band and found solace in friendly emporiums across the land. This tune is one of the least strange objects that ended up in my suitcase." (Summerfest program)
Also called variously "Retail Therapy," "Retail Therapy: La Jolla," and "Retail Therapy/La Jolla," the composition is listed in the official program as "Retail Therapy, "La Jolla"."
This section needs more information. Include an introduction to this composition: if it was commissioned for a particular event, based on a particular source material, other individuals involved in the production of this piece, etc.
- 2009-08-21: Premiere at the La Jolla Music Society Summerfest, MCASD Sherwood Auditorium, La Jolla, California, USA.
Composition appears on the following album releases:
|Cover art||Album title||Release date||Release country|
Quotations and trivia
This section needs more information.
- "Review: Police’s Stewart Copeland rocks SummerFest"
- "Commissions and Premieres at SummerFest: Something for Everyone?"
- "Police’s Stewart Copeland set to debut at SummerFest"
- UCSD-TV Video: "La Jolla Music Society: SummerFest 2009: Stewart Copeland, Composer"
- Sheet music details
- Performance program. "La Jolla Music Society Summerfest." Summerfest, La Jolla, California, 2009.