File:The Wild Life US promo.jpg
Cover art for the soundtrack The Wild Life with an Andy Summers track.
This image is of a cover of an audio recording, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the album or the artist(s) which produced the recording or cover artwork in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of such covers
- solely to illustrate the audio recording in question,
- on the PoliceWiki, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit website policefans.org,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on PoliceWiki or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement.
Fair use in The Wild Life
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It's a low resolution copy of a CD/album cover.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the CD/album in any way, in fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the album artwork on another CD.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
- The image on the cover is significant because it was made by a famous artist.
Derived from a digital capture (scan/photo) of the album/CD cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the record company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||02:15, 5 February 2012||770 × 777 (182 KB)||Dietmar (talk | contribs)|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
The following 2 pages link to this file: