File:The Rolling Stone Interviews The 1980s book.jpg
Cover art of The Rolling Stone Interviews: The 1980s by the editors of Rolling Stone magazine.
This image is of a book cover, and the copyright for it is most likely owned either by the artist who created the cover or the publisher of the book. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of book covers
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Other use of this image, on PoliceWiki or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement.
Fair use rationale for The Rolling Stone Interviews: The 1980s
- It is believed that the use of this image on the PoliceWiki to illustrate an article on the subject(s) listed above falls under the "Non-profit educational" clause of the Fair Use doctrine currently upheld by United States law. (17 U.S.C. § 107)
- The image is irreplaceable; a free analogue is impossible to produce as the original will be covered by copyright for the foreseeable future.
- Owing to the limited web-resolution of the image, only a small portion of a copyrighted work is used.
- For the same reasons, the portion of the copyrighted work used is of inherently lower quality than the original, reducing the risk of competitiveness and therefore the effects of this copy on the market for or value of versions held by the owner of the copyright.
Cover photo provided by Darcy Farrow.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:03, 27 September 2021||1,574 × 2,131 (594 KB)||Dietmar|
- You cannot overwrite this file.