File:Andy Summers Guitar DVD.jpg
Cover art for the Andy Summers DVD release Andy Summers Guitar.
This image is of a videotape or dvd cover, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the videotape/dvd or the studio which produced the videotape/dvd in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of videotape/dvd covers
- to illustrate the videotape/dvd in question
- on the PoliceWiki, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit policefans.org,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on PoliceWiki or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement.
To the uploader: please add a detailed fair use rationale for each use, as well as the source of the work and copyright information.
Fair use in Andy Summers Guitar
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It's a low resolution copy of a videotape or dvd cover.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the video/dvd in any way, in fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the album artwork on another DVD.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
Derived from a digital capture (scan/photo) of the video cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the record company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||06:49, 14 February 2010||528 × 747 (64 KB)||Dietmar (talk | contribs)|
- You cannot overwrite this file.