File:2019 04 13 Message In A Bottle cover.jpg
Photographer Rod Shone: The original band photo was shot by James Wedge. Rod Shone took the other two photos - the front cover one with broken glass on top of a print of James Wedge's photo - and the back cover photo. Both were done in a great hurry at the offices of A&M Records. The water on the reverse was in a white photographic tray and the waves were made by using an air brush to make a quick flow of air which disturbed the water . Rod Shone used a Vivitar flash held off camera and a Hasselblad camera.The writing on the paper is the handwriting of A&M art director Mike Ross. The green colour was achieved by putting a green gel (a clear coloured plastic material) over the light source.
Fair use in Message In A Bottle
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It's a low resolution copy of a record cover.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the record in any way, in fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the album artwork on another CD.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
Derived from a digital capture (scan/photo) of the record cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the record company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:19, 13 April 2019||1,139 × 1,176 (499 KB)||Dietmar|
- You cannot overwrite this file.