- in January 1985 Sting watches a Larry Williams gig in New York to see Branford Marsalis perform (Musician - July 1985) - Larry Williams played his first of three gigs at NY's Seventh Avenue South on Thursday, January 10 (New York Times review from January 14).
- Andy had another photo exhibition at The Photographer's Gallery in London in February 1985 - he seems to have been there on several days, then leaving for America to attend the Grammy Awards, where he accepted an award for himself and Robert Fripp for best album sleeve design (Outlandos newsletter March 1985)
- Andy is in Los Angeles in March 1985 - working on a movie script for "The Chord" or "The Lost Chord". He also bought a loft in New York...
- elsewhere it's mentioned that he spent a month in a UK studio in the spring of 1985 to record demos for XYZ
- Gettyimages pics by Dave Hogan list Sting outside / Duran Duran outside / Dire Straits live images for May 15, 1985 at Montreux Pop Festival (Dire Straits gigs list May 8 and 9 / Duran gig listed for May 10)
===> check sources for May 26 date (newsletters? / magazines ?)
- Stewart attends the Cannes Film Festival (May 8-20) for a Rhythmatist screening - also competing in a champagne drinking competition (Outlandos newsletter June 1985)
- Stewart promotes The Rhythmatist in London in mid-May (Melody Maker interview May 25, 1985), also beginning to play polo again
- Andy is in Bournemouth in mid-June to write songs for a solo album - allegedly recording in Japan he's supposed to leave for the East in July for recording until August (Outlandos newsletter June 1985)
- Outlandos mini-bulletin July 1985 mentions that Sting re-mixed Love Is The Seventh Wave in Paris "last week" - i.e. around July 15-21 (according other news posted for that week)
- Sting attended Stewart Copeland's screening of The Rhythmatist at Club Lingerie in Los Angeles - mentioned in Detroit Free Press on July 26, 1985. A picture in Billboard shows Stewart with A&M marketing vice president Bob Reitman, Miles Copeland and A&M video director Sherry Marsh.
- Sting spends two weeks at the Red Sea before going to Japan (Aug.7) - Gert Bruch's book
- On August 15, 1985 - a promo letter announces that SC composes music to The Equalizer - which premiered on September 25, 1985
- Billboard - October 26, 1985: Stewart recently finished the soundtrack for the Equalizer TV series at Unique Recording Studios - with Jeff Seitz assisting, Michael Finlayson and Chris Lord-Alge engineering and Jeff Lord-Alge assisting them. Stewart used the Fairlight IIX with SMPTE/MIDI card.
- at some point in 1985 Andy re-married Kate on their own lawn in Los Angeles http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4711989/Back-on-the-beat.html
- Outlandos mini-bulletin November 1985 mentions that Andy Summers was still in America and was hoping to return for Sting's January 1986 concerts at the Royal Albert Hall
Pages in category "1985"
The following 200 pages are in the current category.(previous 200) (next 200)
(previous 200) (next 200)